5 Most Common Collisions And Tips To Avoid Them
Getting involved in an accident with a large truck is not something anybody wants to experience. However, truck accidents are common in and around the Charlotte area. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, we know that there or some types of collisions that are more common than others. Our truck accident attorneys in Charlotte want to discuss some tips to avoid these collisions. Our team is always standing by to help victims of truck collisions secure the compensation they need.
Types of truck accidents
According to the US Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were around 148,000 injuries, and over 4,700 fatalities caused by heavy truck crashes in the latest reporting year. Some of the most common types of truck accidents include the following:
- Tire blow out accidents: Large trucks commonly experience tire blowouts, particularly on highways. Sometimes these incidents cause the truck itself to crash, which can lead to detrimental effects for everyone on the highway. Other times, a tire may fly off and a truck driver will not even know. However, a blown-out tire can cause other vehicles to crash on the roadway.
- Lost-load accidents: This can occur when the cargo flies off of a commercial truck and onto the roadway. Motorists can strike these objects with their vehicles or crash in an attempt to maneuver out of the way.
- Wide turn accidents: Large trucks need to swing to the left in order to make the right turns. Unfortunately, this can result in cars on either side of the truck getting struck or even ending up pinned between the truck and a curb.
- Blindspot accidents: Large trucks also have large blind spots on either side of the vehicle. This can lead to significant accidents and injuries for anybody operating a vehicle inside of a truck’s blind spots.
- Rear-end collisions: Due to the size difference between trucks in traditional passenger vehicles, rear-end collisions can be detrimental. These often occur when a vehicle in front of a truck stops quickly. Due to the weight of a truck, drivers are often not able to stop before striking the rear of the car.
Avoiding truck accidents
It is vital the drivers in traditional vehicles operate carefully when they are around large trucks on the roadway. This includes:
- staying out of a truck’s blind spots
- not following trucks too closely
- giving a truck plenty of space when they are turning
- not stopping quickly in front of a truck
- following all traffic laws
Let us get to work on your case today
If you or a loved one had been injured in an accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, you need to speak to an attorney today. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, our qualified and experienced team will thoroughly investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you are entitled to. For a truck accident case, this can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the truck driver or company
If you need a truck accident attorney in Charlotte, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 800-948-0577.