Charlotte Manufacturing Defects Attorney
When a defective product causes injury, it may take a detailed and thorough investigation to uncover whether the product defect fell under one of these categories:
- A defect in design for which an engineer or designer may be held liable
- A manufacturing design — perhaps caused by an individual or an enterprise such as a factory
- A defect in labeling: for example, inadequate warnings or instructions are given along with a device, tool, appliance, or medication
Specific laws such as Chapter 99B of the North Carolina statutes spell out the responsibilities of manufacturers and vendors with regard to product quality and safety. Court decisions over the years have also provided a resource for consumers and lawyers when products fail and cause injury.
Did the consumer product that was involved in your accidental injury have a defect — perhaps not an engineering defect, but essentially a “fluke”? Possible causes of manufacturing defects include the following:
- A defect was not caught as it should have been during the Q&A (quality and assurance) portion of the manufacturing process.
- An inspector failed to notice a defect in a product as it came off the assembly line.
- The product defect could have been a result of a “hiccup” in the manufacturing line — or it may have been a defect present in all products produced on a particular day or in a particular factory.
Whatever the specifics in your particular personal injury case involving a defective product, it is important to discuss your potential product liability claim with an experienced lawyer. Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, is a well-respected personal injury law firm in Charlotte, North Carolina, offering consultations to people injured through the use of consumer products. Our attorneys have helped many injury victims recover financial compensation to pay for losses including the following:
- Medical expenses
- Expenses related to medical care, such as transportation
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wage replacement
- Pain and suffering