ATTENTION: If you have received a text from “Brown & Moore” alerting you to settlement funds, please be aware that this is a scam and was not sent from our law firm.

No Results, No Attorney Fee
704-335-1500 (Local)
800-948-0577 (Toll Free)

My Car Accident Claim Denied, What Should I Do Now?

Jun 17, 2020 Brown Moore

If you or somebody you love has been injured in a car accident that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, you fully expect that you will receive compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier. Unfortunately, there are times when insurance carriers deny a car accident claim, and you need to know where to turn. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, our Charlotte car accident lawyers want to discuss what you should do if your car accident claim is denied.

Car accidents happen regularly – what happens if a claim is denied?

There were more than 281,000 total traffic collisions reported during the latest you have data available, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. More than 125,000 people sustained injuries in these crashes. Those who are harmed rely on insurance to cover their expenses, but if a car accident claim is denied, there are steps victims can take to ensure they are treated fairly.

Write a letter to the insurance carrier

Your insurance carrier is required to provide you with instructions about how to appeal a claim denial. When you write a letter to the insurance carrier or go through the appeals process, you need to provide the insurer with documentation that can support your dispute. Your letter needs to be specific about why your evidence contradicts the decision they made to deny your claim. Insurance carriers are required to make a decision about your appeal within a specified amount of time.

File a bad faith insurance claim

If you feel that the insurance carrier wrongfully denied your claim, breached your contract, or violated North Carolina’s insurance codes, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the insurance carrier for bad faith insurance practices. If successful, you could be entitled to additional compensation beyond how much your original claim is worth.

File a lawsuit against the other party

Even if an insurance claim is denied, you may still be able to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party. These cases can become complicated, and you should speak to a Charlotte personal injury lawyer about your claim about the best path moving forward to secure compensation for your injuries. When you secure the assistance of an attorney, this may be a wake-up call to the other party and their insurance carrier. Having a competent and experienced legal team by your side with the resources necessary to investigate your claim is extremely beneficial and often results in a larger payout for victims.

Contact our Charlotte car accident lawyers today

If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury in a car accident that was caused by another person, you should be able to recover compensation for your losses. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, we are ready to investigate your case in order to secure coverage for losses through an insurance settlement or a personal injury lawsuit. This includes compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering damages, and more. When You need a Charlotte car accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at 800-948-0577.