Infant, Children & Adolescent Injuries attorney
When an accident results in injury to a child, the child’s lawyer plays the sacred role of pursuing sufficient financial compensation, which sometimes must cover a lifetime of care.
The North Carolina law firm of Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, in Charlotte, has handled hundreds of personal injury lawsuits on behalf of children. We offer decades of successful experience providing careful and attentive legal representation to children hurt in injury accidents. When we represent children in personal injury lawsuits, we act with the utmost care to provide the highest possible level of service. As parents, we know the needs of children and provide for our clients as we would for our own children in the legal environment.
When a Child Injury Results in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Children who suffer injury as a result of negligence have the same rights as do adults. In some cases, a child may be entitled to compensation where an adult would not be. It pays to have an experienced Charlotte injury lawyer who can advise families of these rights. In all cases involving injury to a child, the child, through his or her family, should seek financial compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
An important component of an injury to a child includes the right of the parents to recover for the medical expenses they have incurred, and in some cases, for the emotional distress, they have suffered as a result of their child’s injury.
Areas where a child may be injured and there may be a liability on the part of others include:
- Car accident
- Bicycle accidents
- Injury from consumer products like children’s toys, due to negligent design, errors in manufacturing, or the company’s failure to provide sufficient warnings about the potential danger
- Accidents at swimming pools or playgrounds caused by defective equipment or negligent supervision
- Medical malpractice by a pediatric specialist or emergency room doctor
The types of injuries Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, have handled for children include brain and spinal cord injuries, injuries arising from medical malpractice, injuries arising from nursing room errors, birth injuries, and on occasion wrongful death.
Special Considerations in Personal Injury Lawsuits Involving Children
At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, we have in-depth experience handling complex personal injury cases involving children. The attorneys at Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, are known for their special attention to:
- Helping the child access necessary medical care, and working with the child’s doctors to develop expert opinions about current and future medical needs
- Working with rehabilitation and educational experts to build a plan that provides for any special educational needs the child may have in the future, as a result of the injury
- Working with financial experts to build structured settlement proposals, which make funds available in the future for expenses like a college education, assisted living payments, and medical needs the child may have as an adult.
Schedule a Complimentary Initial Consultation
If you are seeking a Charlotte injury attorney to represent your child, we encourage you to make an appointment with our law firm. We have flexible scheduling options available, and we can arrange a hospital or in-home visit if necessary due to your child’s injuries. Call toll-free 800-948-0577 or use our online contact form to make an appointment.
Navigating North Carolina’s various highways and roads has become much easier in recent years thanks...Read More
If you've been injured in an accident in North Carolina, you may be facing hefty...Read More
You don’t know how relieved I am now that it’s over. I don’t think I could have had a better attorney to represent me. We have been so impressed with you. I don’t think I can accurately describe the gratitude and admiration we feel for you. Thank you so much for everything.
Thank you for the time you spent with me today. It was a big help to me and I will not forget it. This day and age when so many people are trying to do a job that they’re not qualified to do it’s refreshing to meet a professional.
Thanks for everything you have done for the entire Brown family. You and your family will never be forgotten.
How can I begin to thank you for all you have done for me. What a wonderful team you have. May God richly bless you, and your family and staff. I will always be thankful, cause I know I would have never got this far without giving up.