Asheville Product Liability Attorney
Odds are you use seemingly countless types of products to perform numerous tasks throughout your day-to-day life. While you might not expect to be injured as a result of using said products, this can happen.
Sometimes, this occurs because those involved in designing, manufacturing, or marketing a product are negligent. At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, our Asheville product liability attorneys are on hand to provide representation when consumers are hurt as a result of using defective products.
Asheville Product Liability Cases: Types of Products that May Cause Harm
Defects can render various types of products dangerous. However, some types of defective products are more likely to cause harm than others. Examples include:
- Motor vehicle parts
- Bicycle parts
- Power tools
- General safety equipment
- Fire safety products
- Industrial tools and equipment
- Ladders, scaffolding, and other such equipment typically used in construction
It’s important to understand that a person who’s harmed as a result of using a product isn’t immediately guaranteed compensation. For example, someone might be hurt using a product because they didn’t read the instructions or were negligent in some other capacity.
However, if you or a loved one was injured while using a product despite following all relevant instructions and exercising care, this might have happened because the product was defective. Learn more about your options in these circumstances by scheduling a case evaluation with our Asheville product liability law firm.
Types of Defects
Products may be defective or dangerous for several potential reasons. They include:
- Manufacturing defects: Defects which put users of certain products at risk of being injured may be overlooked during the manufacturing phase.
- Design defects: Sometimes, a product’s manufacturers make no errors or oversights, but users of the products they create are still hurt in avoidable accidents. This may happen if a product’s design is inherently flawed in some capacity.
- Inadequate instructions or safety warnings: Products must come with instructions on how to use them correctly if they have the potential to cause injury when misused. If a product can theoretically harm a user, its packaging and other such materials must also include adequate warnings. People may be injured when instructions and safety warnings are lacking.
How an Asheville Product Liability Lawyer Can Help
If you’ve been injured as a result of using a product because someone else was negligent, you may be left facing such losses as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages, if your injuries limit your ability to work until you’ve made a full recovery
- Various non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering
You can seek compensation for such losses by filing a claim or lawsuit. Strongly consider seeking legal representation before doing so. A qualified Asheville product liability attorney can improve your chances of recovering fair compensation by:
- Leveraging our firm’s resources to investigate your accident and gather evidence proving negligence
- Accurately identifying any and all liable parties
- Determining how much compensation you might deserve based on the severity of your injuries
- Filing a claim by a deadline
- Negotiating with the insurance company if they don’t initially offer a fair settlement
Being injured as a result of using a defective product can be an unexpected and challenging life experience. At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, our Asheville product liability lawyers can help to ease your burdens as you recover. Learn more about what we can do for you by contacting us online or calling us at 704-335-1500.