Gastonia Product Liability Attorney
The list of products you use throughout your day is likely quite long. We’re so accustomed to using various products to complete various daily tasks that we often don’t consider how using certain products could result in injury if said products are defective.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a defective product accident in the Gastonia, North Carolina area, you may be able to recover financial compensation accordingly. Review your case with a Gastonia product liability attorney at Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC for more information about your options.
Gastonia Product Liability Cases: Types of Products Involved
Many types of products have the potential to cause injury if they’re defective or if information regarding how to use them safely is lacking. That said, the following types of defective products are particularly likely to result in harm to users:
- Auto parts
- Bicycle parts
- Medical devices
- Safety equipment
- Fire safety systems
- Construction equipment
That’s not an exhaustive list. If you or a loved one has been hurt as a result of using a defective product not mentioned there, you may very well still have grounds to recover financial compensation. Learn more about your options by reviewing your case with an expert at our Gastonia product liability law firm.
Common Reasons Products May Cause Injury
Product liability cases tend to arise for one of the following key reasons:
- Design errors: Some types of products have the inherent potential to cause accidents if they aren’t used properly. For example, a chainsaw can naturally cause harm when misused. That said, there are instances when negligent product designers fail to recognize how basic design flaws can render products unreasonably dangerous.
- Manufacturing errors: Those responsible for manufacturing a product must monitor the process to ensure defects aren’t overlooked. Consumers are often hurt because defects aren’t properly identified and addressed during the manufacturing phase.
- Inadequate safety information or instructions: A product’s packaging and other such materials should sufficiently warn users when misuse has the potential to cause harm. It should also include detailed instructions regarding how to use a product correctly. You may be eligible to recover financial compensation if you were harmed as a result of using a product because these materials were inadequate or missing.
How a Gastonia Product Liability Attorney Can Help
The losses and challenges you might face in the aftermath of an accident caused by a defective product can vary depending on the severity of your injuries and other such factors. Examples of losses you might sustain include (but aren’t limited to):
- Bills for medical treatment
- Lost wages, as your injuries could prevent you from returning to work until you’ve fully recovered from them
- Pain and other such non-economic damages that might not have objective dollar values
You deserve to recover financial compensation for these losses if your accident resulted from the negligence of a product’s designers, manufacturers, and/or marketers. Pursuing said compensation may involve filing a claim with their insurance.
Strong consider enlisting the help of an attorney before doing so. A Gastonia product liability lawyer can handle such tasks as:
- Investigating the circumstances of your accident to identify the liable parties
- Gathering evidence to prove negligence was a factor in your accident
- Adding up your losses to get a general sense of how much compensation you may deserve
- Filing a claim and negotiating on your behalf if the insurance company’s first offers are unreasonably low
At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, our Gastonia product liability attorneys are committed to helping ease your burdens after an unexpected accident involving a defective product causes injury. We’ll focus on pursuing compensation while you focus on your recovery. Learn more about what we can do for you by contacting us online or calling us at 704-335-1500.
Navigating North Carolina’s various highways and roads has become much easier in recent years thanks...Read More
If you've been injured in an accident in North Carolina, you may be facing hefty...Read More
You don’t know how relieved I am now that it’s over. I don’t think I could have had a better attorney to represent me. We have been so impressed with you. I don’t think I can accurately describe the gratitude and admiration we feel for you. Thank you so much for everything.
Thank you for the time you spent with me today. It was a big help to me and I will not forget it. This day and age when so many people are trying to do a job that they’re not qualified to do it’s refreshing to meet a professional.
Thanks for everything you have done for the entire Brown family. You and your family will never be forgotten.
How can I begin to thank you for all you have done for me. What a wonderful team you have. May God richly bless you, and your family and staff. I will always be thankful, cause I know I would have never got this far without giving up.