Monroe Product Liability Attorney
The list of products you use on a daily basis is probably quite long. When using these items, you may not typically worry about being injured. You expect that if you follow all safety instructions, a product is unlikely to harm you.
Unfortunately, sometimes, products cause injury because someone involved in making or selling them was negligent. If this has happened to you in or around Monroe, North Carolina, review your case with a Monroe product liability attorney at Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC. You may be eligible for compensation. We’ll go over the details of your case and explain how you should proceed.
Monroe, NC Product Liability Cases: Types of Products Involved
Some types of products are more likely to cause harm than others if they’re defective, poorly designed, or otherwise dangerous. They include the following:
- Motor vehicle parts
- Bicycle parts
- Boat parts
- Industrial equipment
- Construction equipment
- Fire safety equipment
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the types of products that could injure consumers. If you’ve been harmed while using a product that isn’t on this list, you could still benefit from reviewing your case with an attorney to learn more about your potential legal options.
Who is Liable in a Product Liability Case?
If you’ve been injured as a result of using a dangerous product, you may be left with medical bills, lost wages if you can’t work, and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
You can seek compensation for these losses by filing a claim with the insurance of the party who negligently caused your injuries. In a product liability case, said party may be a product’s:
- Designers: Sometimes, the designers of a product don’t account for inherent flaws that can put users in harm’s way.
- Manufacturers: A safe product design doesn’t guarantee users won’t be injured. Accidents can happen if manufacturers overlook defects.
- Marketers: It is often the duty of a product’s marketers to offer consumers thorough safety instructions and warnings. You might have been injured because this information wasn’t adequately provided.
How a Monroe Product Liability Lawyer Can Help
You might not know which of the above parties caused your injuries. This is one of many reasons to enlist the help of a legal professional when seeking compensation. A qualified Monroe product liability attorney can conduct an investigation to identify the liable party.
They can also optimize your chances of arriving at a fair settlement with the insurance company by:
- Gathering evidence of negligence to demonstrate that you are eligible to receive compensation
- Reviewing your compensable economic and non-economic losses to determine approximately how much money you may deserve
- Entering into negotiations with the insurance company if their early settlements offers are unreasonably low
As you recover from your injuries, you deserve the peace of mind that comes from knowing experienced Monroe product liability lawyers are handling your case. That’s precisely what we at Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC offer. Learn more about what we can do for you by contacting us online or calling us at 704-335-1500 to schedule your free consultation.