Shelby, NC Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is an immensely painful experience. Although no one can bring your loved one back, at Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, a Shelby, North Carolina wrongful death attorney may be able to help you secure financial compensation for various losses resulting from your loved one’s passing.
Causes of Wrongful Death in Shelby, NC
Wrongful death occurs when someone dies because of another party’s negligence or actions. In a wrongful death case, the surviving loved ones of the deceased may be able to file a claim to seek financial compensation for various losses associated with the victim’s passing.
Various types of incidents can potentially result in a victim's wrongful death. Common examples include (but aren’t necessarily limited to) the following:
● Motor vehicle accidents
● Medical malpractice
● Premises liability accidents
● Accidents caused by defective products
● Construction site accidents
● Bicycle accidents
● Pedestrian accidents
Compensation Available in a Shelby, NC Wrongful Death Case
In North Carolina, a wrongful death claim or lawsuit can be filed by the personal representative of the deceased person's estate. They may file a claim on behalf of certain surviving family members. Examples include the spouse, children, and parents, depending on the circumstances. These family members may be entitled to compensation for their loss, including but not limited to loss of companionship and support.
In a wrongful death case in North Carolina, the surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for their losses, which may include:
● Medical expenses incurred as a result of the deceased person’s injury or illness prior to death.
● Funeral and burial expenses.
● Loss of the deceased person’s earning capacity and income.
● Loss of the deceased person’s companionship, support, and guidance.
● Loss of inheritance.
● Pain and suffering experienced by the deceased person prior to death.
● Punitive damages if the death was caused by gross negligence or intentional harm.
These are merely examples of the types of compensation that may be awarded. The specific amount and types of compensation will depend on the circumstances of the individual case and the evidence presented to the court.
How a Shelby Wrongful Death Lawyer Helps You Win Your Case
If you believe you have a valid wrongful death case, you can seek compensation by either filing a claim with the insurance of the negligent party who caused your loved one’s death or by filing a lawsuit to pursue damages in court.
It’s wise to consider hiring an attorney when seeking compensation. The experts at our Shelby wrongful death law firm can improve your chances of winning a case by:
● Investigating the case: An attorney can thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances of the case, gather evidence, and interview witnesses. This can help to establish liability and build a strong case for the plaintiff.
● Identifying liable parties: An attorney can identify all parties who may be liable for the wrongful death, including individuals, companies, or government entities.
● Proving negligence: A wrongful death attorney can help prove that the death was caused by the negligent or wrongful actions of the liable party.
● Demonstrating damages: A lawyer can help to calculate and demonstrate the full extent of the damages suffered by the surviving family members.
● Presenting the case effectively: A Shelby wrongful death lawyer can present the case in court in a clear and persuasive manner, using evidence and expert testimony to support the plaintiff’s claims.
● Negotiating a settlement: An attorney can negotiate a settlement on behalf of the plaintiff with the liable party or their insurance company.
The best way to understand how a Shelby wrongful death attorney at Brown Moore & Associates can assist you is to meet with us to discuss your case. Get started today by contacting us online or calling us at 704-335-1500.
Navigating North Carolina’s various highways and roads has become much easier in recent years thanks...Read More
If you've been injured in an accident in North Carolina, you may be facing hefty...Read More
You don’t know how relieved I am now that it’s over. I don’t think I could have had a better attorney to represent me. We have been so impressed with you. I don’t think I can accurately describe the gratitude and admiration we feel for you. Thank you so much for everything.
Thank you for the time you spent with me today. It was a big help to me and I will not forget it. This day and age when so many people are trying to do a job that they’re not qualified to do it’s refreshing to meet a professional.
Thanks for everything you have done for the entire Brown family. You and your family will never be forgotten.
How can I begin to thank you for all you have done for me. What a wonderful team you have. May God richly bless you, and your family and staff. I will always be thankful, cause I know I would have never got this far without giving up.