Kannapolis Product Liability Attorney
As a consumer, you have a responsibility to follow safety instructions and heed safety warnings when using products that have the potential to cause injury. Unfortunately, sometimes, responsible consumers are harmed because a product’s designers, manufacturers, or marketers were negligent in some capacity.
Has this happened to you in the Kannapolis, North Carolina area? You may be eligible for financial compensation if so.
Review your case with a Kannapolis product liability attorney for more information about your legal options. At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, our team is on hand to provide the representation you deserve in these circumstances.
Kannapolis, NC Product Liability Cases: Types of Products Involved
Although a wide range of products can cause harm when they’re defective, some types of products are more commonly involved in product liability cases than others. They include:
- Industrial equipment and construction equipment
- Fire safety systems and equipment
- Motor vehicle parts
- Bicycle parts
- Boat parts
- Power tools
Again, as a consumer, you must use these products responsibly to avoid injury. However, you may be able to secure compensation if you were injured despite exercising proper caution.
Determining Liability in a Kannapolis Product Liability Case
Dangerous products can cause serious injury. If you were injured as a result of using such a product, you may now be left with costly medical bills. You might also be unable to work and earn an income until you’ve fully recovered from your injuries. In addition, you might be struggling with such non-economic losses/damages as pain and suffering.
You can seek compensation for these losses by filing a claim with the insurance of the liable party. Said party may be a product’s:
- Designers: A flaw in a product’s basic design can render it dangerous.
- Manufacturers: While a product may have been designed properly, it could still cause an accident if its manufacturers overlooked a defect.
- Marketers: Many types of products can cause harm if they lack proper safety warnings and instructions. Marketers sometimes fail to provide this information.
How a Kannapolis Product Liability Lawyer Can Help
It might not be immediately clear whose negligence caused your accident when you’ve been injured using a dangerous product. A Kannapolis product liability attorney can help you identify the liable party by conducting a full investigation.
Be aware, the insurance company isn’t necessarily on your side when you file a claim. Their priority may be to minimize your settlement amount.
This is perhaps the top reason to hire a lawyer in these circumstances. We can improve your chances of securing fair compensation by:
- Gathering sufficient evidence to prove negligence
- Adding up your compensable losses (which may include non-economic losses) to estimate how much compensation your claim may be worth
- Negotiating with the insurance company for an appropriate settlement
After being injured using a dangerous product, your focus should be on your recovery. At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, we’ll handle your claim or lawsuit while you get the rest you need. Learn more about what we can do for you by contacting us online or calling us at 704-335-1500 to schedule a free consultation.