Monroe, NC Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Although Monroe isn’t necessarily the most densely populated city in North Carolina, it does have a fairly high population when compared to other parts of the state. This is an important fact to remember when walking around Monroe. If a city has a somewhat high population, that often means traffic density is also high. The more cars on the road, the greater the odds of a pedestrian being injured when navigating a city.
This is not meant to worry you. It’s meant to emphasize the importance of remaining aware of your surroundings and exercising sound judgment as a pedestrian. However, if a motorist is negligent, you could still be injured in a pedestrian accident despite being responsible and making all necessary attempts to keep yourself out of harm’s way.
Strongly consider getting in touch with a Monroe, NC pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible if this ever happens to you. You might be eligible to recover compensation for your medical bills and various other losses stemming from your injuries. At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, we will review your case, explain your legal options, and help you fight for the compensation you may deserve if we decide to work together.
How to Avoid Being Injured in a Monroe, NC Pedestrian Accident
Again, if you do find yourself the victim of a pedestrian accident, it may be because a driver was speeding, drunk, or otherwise engaging in negligent behavior.
You can’t control the actions of nearby motorists. You can only control your personal decisions and behavior when walking around Monroe. Ways to limit your chances of being harmed include the following:
- Not checking your phone, or at least moving to a safe area away from traffic first if you must;
- Not walking while intoxicated, which according to some research might be even more risky than operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. If you are drunk or under the influence of drugs and you need to travel, call a taxi or choose another safe option;
- Wearing bright clothing;
- Choosing footwear with a strong grip;
- Make eye contact with approaching drivers when crossing the street to ensure they have spotted you;
- Checking to ensure no motorists are ignoring traffic signals before crossing the street;
- Always remember that some vehicles (such as buses and trucks) may take longer to stop than others when gauging whether an approaching vehicle is far enough away that you can step in front of traffic, and never attempt to cross the street if there is even the slightest reason to question whether doing so is safe.
Once more, though, some pedestrian accidents happen even when victims are cautious. If you’re injured in a pedestrian accident that may have been caused by someone else’s negligence, the experts at a Monroe, NC pedestrian accident law firm can evaluate your case and let you know if you have grounds to seek compensation by filing a claim or lawsuit.
Contact a Monroe, NC Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
Do you believe you have a valid reason to pursue compensation after being involved in a pedestrian accident in or around Monroe, NC? We at Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC are on hand to offer the compensation you may be owed if so. Get started today by calling us at 704-335-1500 (Local) or 800-948-0577 (Toll-Free) or contacting us online to schedule your free consultation.
Navigating North Carolina’s various highways and roads has become much easier in recent years thanks...Read More
If you've been injured in an accident in North Carolina, you may be facing hefty...Read More
You don’t know how relieved I am now that it’s over. I don’t think I could have had a better attorney to represent me. We have been so impressed with you. I don’t think I can accurately describe the gratitude and admiration we feel for you. Thank you so much for everything.
Thank you for the time you spent with me today. It was a big help to me and I will not forget it. This day and age when so many people are trying to do a job that they’re not qualified to do it’s refreshing to meet a professional.
Thanks for everything you have done for the entire Brown family. You and your family will never be forgotten.
How can I begin to thank you for all you have done for me. What a wonderful team you have. May God richly bless you, and your family and staff. I will always be thankful, cause I know I would have never got this far without giving up.